Who are we and what data do we need from you?
We are Shoal Projects Limited, a company set up by Debra Searle and Hayley Barnard. The registered address of Shoal Projects Limited is Radford, Woodside, Plymouth, PL4 8QE (Company Number 4379113).
Shoal Projects Limited will be known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We only collect basic personal data about you; this does however include your name and email address.
How do we collect data from you?
We obtain this information when you enter it on our website. For example, when you enquire about booking Debra or signing up to receive Debra’s latest vlog or a free download.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect about you might include your name and email address. If you enquire about booking Debra, we collect the information you provide on our contact form such as your organisation’s location or your budget for booking a speaker.
How is your data used?
We may use your data to:
- - send you newsletters and promotional emails from time to time.
- - ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- - provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- - carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- - allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- - notify you about changes to our service.
If you do not want us to use your information for marketing purposes, you may unsubscribe at any time. Please contact us directly or you can write to us at our registered address given above or call us on +44 (0) 7749 797341.
What we do with it
How long we keep it
If you are a paying customer we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 (six) years. After that time we will delete it if you instruct us to do so by contacting hello[at]debrasearle.com.
If you are not a paying customer, the information that we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
What we would also like to do with it
We would like to use your name and email address to inform you of our news, offers or products we may have. This information is not shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time via phone, email or our website.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985). Debra Searle and Hayley Barnard also own MIX Diversity Developers Limited, which provides keynote speakers on and training in diversity and inclusion. Occasionally MIX Diversity Developers may contact you if we feel that they have some news, offer or product that might interest you. If you do not wish to be contacted by MIX Diversity Developers, please email us.
We may also disclose your information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- - to any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) our business or assets;
- - if we are required to do so by law, any applicable regulation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What are your rights?
If at any point you believe the information we hold on you is incorrect, you can request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by emailing hello[at]debrasearle.com.